Monday, November 5, 2007

Talk about a break

Wow.. I suck. it's been over two months and what a couple months they have been. I was pregnant. again. It was ectopic. again. I had surgery. again. Twice this time. I lost a fallopian tube. again. Unfortunately this time, I have none left. I am officially out of business. I can never get pregnant again without major medical intervention. AKA. In Vitro Fertilization.

It's been a really hard couple of months for me. With both of my pregnancies, there has been so much damage to my body physically, that I can barely get to the whole 'I just lost a baby' aspect of the situation. This whole bullshit experience has led me to many many feelings:

--Just once, I would like to get pregnant and not have the first word out of my mouth be FUCK.
--Just once, I would like to get pregnant and not end up in a life endangering situation of my own
--Just once, I would like to get pregnant and not need to have an organ surgically removed from my body.
--Just once, I would like to get pregnant and have it be in the right place.

My spirit is very broken. My body is very broken. I have major guilt. What if Jeff can never have a biological child because he married me? I also have major questions. Like, what did I do to deserve this? My doctors told me I had a better chance of being struck by lightening- twice. Did I piss off the big guy upstairs? What did I do wrong? Is my Karma THAT bad? And if so, how do I fix it? Who can I talk to? Who makes these bargains? I am willing to pay whatever I have to. Do whatever I have to to get a baby out of this life. The only thing this experience has taught me is to never utter the words.. it can't get any worse. Because it can. It always can.

No comments: