Thursday, November 15, 2007

Let the Stimming Begin!!

Jeff and I went in to Dr. Abuzeid's on Tuesday morning for my baseline ultrasound and bloodwork. We also had to sign all of our consent forms. It was pretty uneventful. The nurse called later on Tuesday to tell me all was normal with my blood work and I could start my stim shots that night. So I did! It was like me and Jeff doing our own little science project! I am on 150 units of Bravelle and 150 units of Menopur. I am still doing 5 units of Lupron every morning to make sure I don't ovulate before they want me to. The first shot went in fine and I felt no burn. I just hope I did it correctly!

Still, I must admit, it was a very emotional thing for me and Jeff to do that shot. Looking at the absolute MOUNTAIN of drugs sitting on my kitchen table, I can't believe this is what it has come to in order for us to ever have our own biological child. It really chokes me up. There are no words to describe how much we want this to work. There is so much riding on this IVF.

No comments: