Tuesday, November 20, 2007

IVF Stim Update #1

I am a day late. I went to Dr. A's yesterday morning for my first ultrasound and blood work since I got started on my ovarian stimulation drugs. I have been on 150 units of Menopur and 150 units of Bravelle for 6 nights prior to the check.

I had the following:
On the left ovary:
1 at 11mm
4 at 8
1 at 7 and
6 >7

On the right side:
1 at 8 mm
2 at 7
and 8 >7

So 23 potential follies. I wish that there were more that were measurable or over 7. I am nervous. The nurse said that everything was looking really good for being early after only 6 nights of stims. Of course I was so nervous I was almost ready to puke going in to this appointment and when I go in on Wednesday, I will probably be worse now.

Nurse Wendy called me around 2 that afternoon. They decided to increase my meds from the 150 of Menopur and 150 of Bravelle up to 225 of Bravelle. Just up'ed it by one vial. Which I guess isn't really that much, but it still scares me. Please let my follies keep growing. There is so much riding on this.

Speaking of that, one of the girls on the TTTC board experienced my 2nd worst fear today. My first fear is getting no eggs out of me. My second is that they are all bad quality and none make it to transfer. This is what happened to the girl on the board. In her 3rd IVF. I cannot imagine the heartache they must be experiencing tonight. It is gut wrenching and my thoughts are with her and her dh.

So.. until tomorrow morning. I will take my shot, relax, and pray for my appointment tomorrow. ugh.

No comments: