Thursday, November 29, 2007

Some ok news.. then some not-so-ok news..

As so the punches roll on.. I really really can't catch a break. Not in this TTC game I am in.

I had my egg retrieval for IVF yesterday morning. It was very smoothly and they were able to get 8 eggs out of me. Not the 10+ I had hoped for and SHOULD have gotten for sure. But that is a good amount. So I was feeling hopeful. For about 5 minutes.

Then this morning the call came. 7 were mature and only 3.. yep 3.. fertilized. I am so upset. How could this have happened? How did we get 3? I have been pregnant twice in less than 9 months. The first time is au natural and on the 2nd month we ever even freakin tried!! I have been a good responder to the meds before this. My FSH has been a 9.2 at the highest and this cycle was a freakin 6.1!! My E2 level was 2213 when they triggered me so I thought for sure we would get a good 10 eggs out of this! And Jeff has absolutely no issues at all and even with ICSI we get three???????

What the fuck is going on?

This just doesn't make any sense at all. I knew I would never be 'super responder' or wonder-egg women.. but I thought we'd at least have mediocure response and fertilization! Not poor!

Somehow.. someway, at least one of those three little embabies growing in a petrie dish 20 miles north of this house right now has to be our baby. It just has to be.

No comments: