Thursday, January 31, 2008

IVF # 2 is officially underway

Yippee Skippee.

I guess I just don't have the excitement I did when #1 was getting underway. I was so sure it was going to work. Or maybe not sure, but at least very very optimistic that it would. Now I feel like all the innocence (oh please.. I guess what smidge there was left) has been taken away from me and I'll be going through the motions. Or really detached from this. It's not that I don't have any hope, the only way I can describe how I feel is detached. So strange.


I had my SHG on Monday. It went fine. No issues were found, thank god. Dr. A himself did it so I feel good about that. I also am in week #2 of my birth control pills. It seems so far away right now, but I know it will go fast.

I visited with my therapist yesterday. I asked her how she thinks I am dealing with everything. She said this:

You get out of bed every day
You shower every day
You eat every day
You feed and play with your dogs every day
You go to work and function at a high stress/fast paced job
You visit with friends and make plans with them. Even the ones with newborns or are pregnant
Your marriage seems to be as solid as ever, if not more
You are doing just fine

I thought about it. She's right! I still have my bad days and breakdowns. I still cry. Alot. But I do manage and manage pretty good. And I am proud of myself for that!

No comments: