Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The IVF WTF Results

And of course. We left saying.. what the fuck. Of course! LOL.

Anyway....Had the WTF appointment yesterday morning. It was just us and Abuzeid himself for an entire hour. I was begining to doubt his exisitance around there. He's like a phantom. A ghost who does not exist.

Anyway.. It was pretty much what I expected. It *should* have worked but didn't. He was very encouraged that what did fertilize, made it to the blast stage. Our goal is to get more more more this time. And I just have this "thing" in my head, that I did really good with the Gonal F on my IUI's last summer AND I got pregnant on Gonal F, so Gonal F is what I should be on again!! So, we're going back to Gonal F and pumping it up baby! For IVF #1, I was on 150 of Bravelle and 150 of Menopur. This time I'll be on 225 of Gonal F and 150 of Menopur.

Strange thing was, he actually told me I would qualify to go into an IVF study they are doing. And since it was my second cycle, apparantly there is a discount. So had I been doing this out of pocket, they said it would have only cost me $6000 total for everything (excluding drugs). That's like a $3000 savings. I was like.. even with the failed/chemical IVF? He said yep.. causeI made good embroy's. Anyway.. doesn't matter for me since I am insurance paid, but I thought that was surprising.

Of course there has to be some pissy news too. He wants to do my retrieval and transfer himself this time. (last time it was his associate). They way the calendar would work, I would be ready for retrieval/transfer the last week of February and OF COURSE.. he will be out of town AGAIN. So instead of 21 days of birth control, I get to do 32 days to be sure I am cycling when he is in town. Jesus Christ. Honestly.

I also have to go back in for another saline ultrasound on Monday to be sure my uterus is still clear. Will it ever be over? Seriously. They are so miserably slow with their IVF cycles, if this freakin fails, I'll be having my 4th of July beer and burgers with a side of lupron and Gonal F.

No comments: