Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ben's big day!

It was a big day for our little peanut man! Ok.. so he will probably kill me for calling him that someday, but oh well! It's a term of endearment for sure!

Ben was our little man at birth. He only weighed 3 pounds 10 ounces to the other boys 5 pounds 5 ounces. He still hasn't caught up to them but he is going to soon, I know it. Because of his low birth weight, he doesn't have the head control yet of the other two boys. He's just a bit behind for now.
But, we work very hard on his tummy time to get him strong every day.

This afternoon, I had the boys on the Rain Forest play mat. I put Ben on his tummy and I am always rolling them around to try to get them to roll on their own. Alex and Nate have both rolled already and today, Ben rolled from his tummy to his back!! Of course, he did it in the 5 seconds I had stepped into the bathroom to warm up bottles. Next thing I know I hear my mom yell... He did it!!! He did it! Sure enough.. there he was on his back when I walked back in the room!!!

Then tonight, he decided to officially one up his big brothers! My mom was holding him as we were getting ready for the last feeding of the night and my mom was dangling a little toy rattle in front of him, and sure enough.. he started to reach and grab at it! Now.. I *think* I have seen the other two boys start to try this too, but never matter of fact actually grab. Ben... was AFTER that toy!! He was so owning it! My little big man!!

Love you Ben!

1 comment:

Mrs.McJeep said...

yay for Ben! I love when they reach new milestones it's so exciting!