Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Yeah for AMA!!

I officially have something else wrong with me says the world of infertility. I can now add advanced maternal age to my diagnosis. I turned 35 on February 7th.

When did this happen? How did I get to be 35?

I don't feel 35. I don't think I look 35. And I know I sure as hell don't act 35. This is not what I pictured 35 to be.

When I pictured 35 many many moons ago, I thought I would have the big house out in the suburbs, 3 kids, and a career I loved. It's so strange for me to admit this, but I never thought I would have a good marriage. I knew I'd be married. I just thought it would be full of drama and discontent. Either on my part of that of my husband. Afterall, that was what my dating life was full of! Crap! One broken engagement, one declined proposal, and countless dead end relationshps. I always assumed I'd have a crappy marraige!

Well, I don't have the 3 kids or the big house out in the burbs or even the career I love. Not even close. What I do have are two dogs I worship and adore, a medium sized house in a hip neighborhood that is close to the job I loathe that pays really freakin good and covers IVF. And.. a husband I love love love and who love love loves me. We are peanut butter and jelly. . Spaghetti and meatballs. I can't believe I got SO lucky.

It was a nice birthday. I got treated to many things. Lunches from coworkers, dinners and drinks from friends. Jeff also took me to Morton's for a big fancy dinner. It was amazing!

I couldn't really think of anything I really wanted this year. What I want RIGHT NOW is a vacation. And that's the one thing I can't have. Not staring down IVF #2 in the face. So, I asked for a plan. And tickets. And that's what I got. Tickets to see the Tigers and the Yankees. In NYC!! So we bought the tickets and booked the flights for the first weekend in May. I cannot wait! Pregnant or not! We are there! We have never been to Yankee stadium and they are tearing it down after this season. So away we go!

Can't wait!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hi fellow TTTC-er:) I saw on one of your posts that just like me you had 2 ectopics and started lurking your blog.

You definitely don't look 35!
Good luck with IVF #2...can't wait to hear some news.
-LSUBride3