Sunday, June 29, 2008

Swollen

I can no longer tell where my legs end and my feet begin. My once skinny ankles are gone. My fingers are now little sausages and my toes are smaller sausages. It's not a pretty site!

I had no medical mishaps this week, knock on wood. However, we did go to two Tiger games and I have vowed they will be my last of the season. Between having to hoof from the car to the stadium, suffing myself into that little seat, then sitting in it for 3+ hours with the only break being if I can hoof up 40 steps to the bathroom and back, and last but not least, back to the car... I wanted to die. Oh yeah.. it's been like 85-90 degrees with like 90% humidity. I really wanted to die. I am done. I told Jeff he either finds someone else to go with to the remainder of the games we have this year or he sells them. I'm done.

I guess the news of the week would have to be work. It literally kept me up like 3 nights in a row. No one will talk to me about my impending leave and what I do get out of my direct supervisor is that I can basically forget anything beyond 12 weeks and they are scarcely willing to work with me on a reduced schedule pre-me going out for good before the babies. Honestly, I do not know why I am shocked. I've been treated like shit so many times in the 4 years I have been at this fucking place I just don't know what to say anymore. The leave and HR people told me I need to talk to our practice leader. My supervisor tells me he needs to talk to the practice leader, the other girls who've been out on leave tell me I need to talk to the practice leader and then my supervisor tells me I need to talk strictly to the HR girl. I call the HR girl and she can't fathom why my supervisor would tell me that. Honest to christ. Can I get a straight answer out of anyone? Oh.. and I have been trying to talk to my practice leader for over a month now and he's ignored all my emails and requests for a meeting.

So finally the HR girl told me she would call the practice herself and tell him he needs to talk to me. I am thinking I am going to tell the HR girl I would prefer she be in on the conversation too as I can just imagine what is going to be said to me. All the by the fucking idiot who wasn't in the office for MONTHS after his WIFE who does not work out of the home gave birth. Yeah. The more I think about it.. I will be asking HR to listen in.

Of course, I get the feeling they want me to just quit. They know I hate it there. All of my friends have left because of the shitty treatment. I have only stayed for one reason: The IVF benefits. And now I will take my leave and i will leave by this time next year for sure. But I still have a few more things to take from this fucking place.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm really sorry that things have been so rough at your work. That's so not right.

I tried to email you to get more info about your RE, but the email was returned to me. Could you maybe email me with the information? gahmsw@comcast.net

Thanks, Wendy (Art Teacher from the Nest)

ONE OUT OF SIX said...

Those asshats!!! Take what you can get and then leave'em in the dust. Jerks.

Tina said...

My boss wouldn't cut my hours either. I would get a note from your dr (I'm not sure what you do, but I was on my feet all day). He said either cut hours or I go out on disability. She cut the hours. Then my dr suggested I not work past a certain time, I ended up working one extra week then left even though I knew I could probably do a few more weeks but I'm glad I didn't. Don't take crap from your job.

Jill said...

Hey Jen-So sorry to hear about those jerks at your job. Glad you got IVF benefits, but sorry you've had to put up with them...

And sorry to hear about the swollen ankles! Summer does tend to make everything worse! Hang in there-I'm sure you look beautiful. :-)