Monday, June 9, 2008

Just when you think you cannot be shocked anymore....

you are.

We had a level 2 ultrasound for growth and development last Thursday. The tech thinks that all 3 of the babies are boys!

Holy shit.

I had to take a moment and get a grip on myself. BOYS. I don't know why, but I wasn't really expecting that. Now.. true that about 60% of IVF babies are boys, I guess I didn't think they would ALL be boys.

Most importantly, the tech did say that at this point, all 3 looked great. Like 14 week old babies. Thank god. No visible signs of any problems. HUGE sigh of relief. That is THE most important thing to me. That I bring healthy babies into this world.

But of course, I must admit there was a little piece of me that was a bit bummed by the boy news. I really did want a daughter. I don't know why, but I always thought of myself as the mom of girls. Again.. not sure why. So I did have to take a moment and say good bye to that dream. I was a girly girl for sure. I played with Barbies, spent 15 years in dance classes, loved dressing up and shopping. That kind of girl.

But it's all good. Not only can a beggar not be a chooser, but I do get to raise three boys! And there are many exciting things that come with that. And no matter what.. after all we've been through, I can't question my destiny. I was meant to have these babies. Not the three i lost, but these babies and I am truly honored and ecstatic about it!

Anyway..I think the ultrasound tech bruised my cervix when checking it. I have been cramped up and sore ever since. He was pressing so hard on me I was almost in tears and kept pressing myself into the bed I was laying on. It hurt like a bitch and I've been paying for it since. I see my OB tomorrow and he promised to look at my cervix and stuff to be sure everything is ok. Damn. Talk about unnecessary pain!

We also went up North to Jeff's nephew's party this weekend. It was fine. We told his family about the babies most likely being all boys and his mother didn't surprise at all me with her reaction. I could tell it was not a happy moment. Which just makes me want the boys all the more!

4 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

congratulations!!! boys are so much fun!

ONE OUT OF SIX said...

I hear you! I had a tiny pang when u/s tech guessed boy for us at our 12 week scan - only because this is probably it for us and I too have always wanted a little girl. HOWEVER .. that pang was very tiny and short lived .. I feel SO freakin' lucky to be expecting my child and my little boy (if she was indeed right - we'll see on June 30) is going to one very cherished child!! As will your trio! :-)

Amy C said...

My husband and I are doing our first attempt at IVF next month and the thought of having triplets is heartwarming!!! I am sure it is scary and overwhelming but how amazing!!! Congrats!!

Cheryl said...

Dont worry you still have hope for a little girl!! At 16 wks the u/s tech told me it was 2 boys and 1 girl then 4 weeks later it changed to 2 girls and 1 boy. My babies are also IVF miracles.