Tuesday, April 15, 2008

So much for uneventful!!!

Well, we've had quite the 24 hours. We had our first ultrasound yesterday at 6 weeks 6 days.

Triplets.

Yes, triplets. I keep saying it over and over again cause may be it will sink in one of these times. We are in total shock. Not that we didn't go into this knowing it was a possibility, but it was a remote one so we just thought.. naw! It won't happen to us! For those of you wondering, yes, we did but in 2 blasts and one pre blast at the IVF transfer. But since we put two in last time, we really were not expecting any, let alone triplets!

And actually, only two of the three did stick. One of them split and we are having identical twins and then a spare!

We are absolutely thrilled to be expecting, don't get me wrong. But we are seriously freaking out. Jeff is more like.. omg.. the $$... the daycare, we need a new house, car.. all those fun things. And I am worried about.. how the hell do I get all three of these babies safely into the world? How?? And if a triplet pregnancy weren't scary enough, my RE thinks the identicals are mono to mono twins. This means they are in the same sack and even though they are identical, they should have their own sack. The risk is that their ambilical cords could tangle and that would be very bad. It would mean immediate delivery. ugh. I can't even think about it, it scares me to death.
It's early so hopefully the membrane separating the twins will eventually show up and I can have one less thing to stress about.

Usually with a triplet pregnancy, you have to go to the Dr. every other week. Because of the mono thing.. I go every week for the duration or until they see a membrane. I will be watched like a hawk. They said I should probably prepare to be on bedrest by 20 weeks. omg. I will be in bed by August!

There is just soooo much to process. I am already exhausted by it. I hardly slept last night. My mind was every where.

I think the best part of yesterday was the heartbeats. We not only got to see them, we heard them!! At 7 weeks!!! They were beating away.. all 3 at 125 bpm!! I was totally overwhelmed with joy.

My cup truly runeth over!!

6 comments:

Jill said...

Jen-I get chills reading your story. I'm so thrilled for you guys. I hope you have a great, healthy pregnancy with your triplets. Wishing you all the best!

Christi said...

I'm praying that you have the best triplet pregnancy ever!! I wish nothing but the best for both of you.

Emily said...

Ditto what Jill and Christi said! What an amazing blessing! It must be scary too! Wishing you a perfectly healthy pregnancy and hoping your twins each have their own sack afterall!

ONE OUT OF SIX said...

You're gonna do GREAT!! You CAN do this. You need to eat lots and lots and lots of protein, daily - eggs, meat, fish (occasionally), cheese -just protein-alooza. And lots and lots of water. You ARE going to bring these babies safely into this world. You can do this, you're gonna be great!

Sarah said...

Congratulations on the triplets! Welcome to the club! The same thing happened to me- two eggs and one split into identical girls! (only mine are spontaneous). Good luck and I hope every thing goes well for you!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.