Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions

I am going to keep this blog up this year. It's going to be my diary. My way to track everything. And it should have been that way for the past 3 years, but really, I've been too busy. I know that sounds like a cop out but I really am that busy.

So it's 2012 and I have 3 year old triplets. 3 year old triplets who kept me up all.night.long. We were dumb enough to think we could go out last night so we did. We went to a wedding. it was gorgeous! loved the centerpieces and the great food. And we got home and hit the bed by 1am. Then it started up about 1;30. Ben was up and down all night. He'd been fighting a fever earlier in the week and yesterday, we spent our new years eve morning at Jungle Java, a local indoor play space and I seriously think he caught the plague.

Now.. I've been to Jungle Java with them a couple times before. The first time, I don't remember thinking bad things. The second time, I did think bad things but thought maybe it was an off day for them. This time.. nope. We will never go back there. IT'S FUCKING DISGUSTING. Like I want to call the health department disgusting. Like, I am calling the corporate office disgusting. Revolting. We walked in at 9:30. They opened at 9. On the floor was a nasty pile of dorito's and dirt. You can't tell me that one of the other 3 families in there fed their kids dorito's for breakfast and let them smash them all over the floor in less than 30 minutes.
Um yeah. And if they are not mopping the floor or vacuuming, then I can safely assume they are not climbing up in the play structures to wipe them down at night or throughout the day either.

My two friends and I who met there and account for 9 children between us were all grossed out. So.. stay tuned for that.

So 2012 is here and I am REALLY looking forward to the year for a few reasons:
1. My boys will continue to grow and learn. Hopefully this means a little less drama and fighting at home.
2. Our jobs are going great and hopefully that will also continue
3. We're doing a shit ton of work on our house and we are really looking forward to making it truly everything we want it to be.
4. Jeff and I both started dieting in October and had lost about 12-15 pounds before we took this last month off between the holidays. We are celebrating today with lasagna and garlic bread and on Tuesday, we are 1000% back on our diets with some very focused goals. I know we can do it and am totally looking forward to looking OUR very best in 2012!!

No comments: