Thursday, July 17, 2008

Every week... A New Adventure

We just got back from the Upper Peninsula on Monday night. It was a great time. My mom, cousin and best friend threw me a baby shower. It was just beautiful. Really, I can't say enough about it. There were about 30 people and it was just the perfect size. My sister made the most amazing cake one could imagine. I have jokingly been refering to the triplets as Donald Duck's nephews, Hewey, Dewey, and Lewey. Well... they showed up on my cake! I will be posting lots of pics. It was all so amazing.

It's strange, but the whole time I felt like it was an out of body experience. Am I really having a baby?? Really? this is for me? I am so humbled. I got so many amazing gifts! And I have two more showers to go!

I also had another trip to Labor and Delivery this week. My feet swelling is just awful. omg. And the carpo tunnel no longer comes and goes. It just stays non stop. I am trying to get used to functioning this way and it's now easy. All my tests/labs turned out fine thank god. there was one mishap. My 24 Hour urine analysis. This is when you have to collect EVERY DROP of urine for 24 hours, put it in a jug and then lug it into the hospital the next day for analysis and more blood work.

After starting it Tuesday morning, I had to lug my jug of pee with me to the hospital and e ery where I went. They need to check my volumne output and for protein for the pre ecamplsia. It was a pain in the ass. Our only bathroom is upstairs and the pee has to be refridgerated. All that equals me going up and down my stairs a million times and a few during the middle of the night of course.

Yesterday morning when I finished, I had to take it to the lab at Beaumont drop it and let them take more blood. I park in the structure and get out. I go to get my pee out of the back seat, open the door and it fell out and spilled all over the ground. Ok. I realize this sounds gross and pretty funny. But after you've been hauling your fat ass up and downstairs for 24 hours and lugging that jug around the hospital.. it was anything but. I was totally sobbing.

Yes.. I cried over spilled piss.

So I am home doing it again today. I told work officially yesterday to take me off everything. I can't take it anymore. I will probably go in a couple times next week for a few hours, but other than that, I am done. I expect to be 100% done after next week. I woiuld say I am 75% done now and they know it.

Thank GOD. I need to be done with work!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Ariella said...

I can totally imagine how frustrating spilling that pee was. I would have cried too.

Jessica White said...

I would have been crying too. All that work, only to have to do it over again!

ONE OUT OF SIX said...

We need a belly pic young lady!

And you know what they say .. no use crying over spilled .. piss. OK I couldn't resist. Hang in there - you're doing great. So glad you got to see your family!

Lisa said...

Ugh!! Seriously, my first thought was not how funny it was but, ugh, you poor thing, now you have to do it all over again!! I hope it went better the second time around!