Monday, March 22, 2010

overwhelmed

So it's been a month again. BAD blogger! Well.. my life has sort of been in a tailspin the last month and boy time just slips sometimes. The boys were sick the pretty much the entire first two weeks of March. And instead of them all being sick at once, it went in a cycle. First Ben, then Nate, then Alex and repeat Nate and Alex. Oh.. and throw me and Jeff in there too. Translation? I didn't sleep more than a 2 hour stretch for almost 2 weeks. It was brutal. The highlight was Alex's trip to the ER with what I was sure was going to be pneumonia. He sounded AWFUL. Seriously awful. The rattle of his breathing was so scary. But after several hours in the ER and a couple breathing treatments later, we narrowly escaped admission and were sent home with our very own nebulizer. Nate was also the lucky recipient of these treatments beginning the next day.

I think the worst part is going to work and trying to be functional like this for an extended stretch. Not to mention my commute. And there has been just sooo many things going on. Jeff's been traveling or working late alot. I have felt like every minute of my days and nights have been consumed lately. The boys, work, Jeff, the house, the dogs.. oh.. and interviewing nannies, phone screens, reading add responses. That's what I've been doing in my spare time. I've found that even minor chores like paying the bills were slipping. To sum it up.. I'm overwhelmed a lot these days. But what could go? nothing. Really. Nothing.

No comments: