Saturday, December 12, 2009

The 1st trip to Santa is in the bag!



Wow.. that was an event.

Jeff and I both have vacation days to burn by the end of the year so we decided to take yesterday off to spend as a family and go visit Santa for the first time. We figured better a Friday than a Saturday at the crazy mall.

We got up and started our routine as normal but I had to leave for the mall around8:30ish so that I could go get our Santa "fast pass". If you've ever been to Disney World, then you know what I am talking about. You go... put your name in, and get your Santa time and come back when it's your scheduled time. This is a great system as it avoids people having to stand in line for hours with screaming children.

The only flaw in this system is that they won't let you actually just make a reservation for a particular time. In our case, I needed a time after lunch, but before the afternoon nap. So about 1:00. My friend had been to the mall the previous Friday and when she got there at 10:00 am, they were already handing out times at 1:30! So I was sure I needed to be there by 9ish. And I got there at 9ish. I was not the only one with that plan! There were other parents there doing the same thing!

What was crazy about it, it was actually SLOW!!! I ended up having to wait for an hour and 40 mintues to get a time after 1:00!! So.. in that time, I bonded with the other parents, got a Starbucks and browsed Janie and Jack. Something I should never be allowed to do as it inevitably ends with me dropping to much money on clothes for the boys! Sadly, they know me there and made me promise to bring the boys back later that day so they could see the in their Christmas clothes. Which.. I had to shamefully admit.. were NOT Janie and Jack!

Anyway.. we were on time for our 1:14 Santa appointment. We got right in! Had to wait for one family ahead of us. So I will give snaps to Sommerset and their well oiled Santa machine! This mall really is beautfull at Christmas. (pictures to follow) SO how did it go? Well.. it went like yeah... you can see how it went!

But.. it's a right of passage right?

No comments: